I’m enthusiastic and friendly: a fun and patient teacher, whose love for music is at the heart of what I do. I have a flexible teaching style, where lessons are always tailored to the needs of each individual. I like to encourage playing together as much as possible, so as to share in the creative process from the very beginning.Arrange a consultation lesson now
Who do I teach?
- Children and adult beginners
- Pupils preparing for ABRSM exams, children and adults
- University students working towards performances and assignments
- Adults returning to music later in life
- Those wanting to learn purely for their own enjoyment at home.
I am a PVG scheme member.
- Over ten years private teaching
- Teaching posts at two of the UK’s leading specialist music schools:
- St. Mary’s Music School in Edinburgh
- Chetham’s School of Music in Manchester
- Workshops at both York and Lincoln Universities
Everyone is welcome, whatever your age or experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, but I would always encourage any other forms of music-making and study.
In particular, a lot of my pupils find that singing, and playing the piano help to complement their studies on the violin or viola.
I also teach the piano and music theory.
Lesson duration will vary, depending on what’s right for you.
Beginners and young children may suit 30 or 45 minute lessons; a 60 minute lesson would be recommended for more experienced players.
Lessons will typically be weekly or fortnightly.
Lesson rates are in line with those set by the Musicians’ Union, with some flexibility available.
A consultation lesson. Please contact me via the contact form and we can discuss your requirements and set up a trial lesson. This is for both of us to see whether we have a good working relationship.
We can then discuss what your goals will be, and decide upon length of lesson.